Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pasta Pizza Recipe




I had the best dinner tonight, pasta pizza! A very quick & easy recipe, so I decided to share! There weren't any leftovers from this!


You will need:

5 oz. dried rotini (2 cups)

1 beaten egg

1/4 cup milk

2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

8 oz. ground beef

1 1/2 cups chunky garden-style pasta sauce

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Cook rotini as directed on the package. Drain well.

2. For pasta crust, in a large bowl combine beaten egg, milk, and parmesan cheese. Stir in drained rotini. Spread mixture evenly in a greased 12 inch pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, cook ground beef until brown. Drain. Stir in pasta sauce. Spoon mixture over baked rotini crust, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. You can also sprinkle pepperoni, sweet pepper, olives, etc over the top along with the cheese.

4. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 more minutes, until heated thoroughly and the cheese is melted. To serve, cut into wedges.


Enjoy!!

-Holly







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMM looks yummy. I am a sucker for a good recipe :-)

Lindsay Loo said...

Oh, this looks so tasty! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Tia Colleen said...

gah, I'm so jealous. I used to eat pizza pasta all the time. Mine never looked that good, but I still miss it. After reading your blog I can practically taste the pepperoni.