Monday, January 19, 2009

Featured Etsy Seller: Adorkable Crochet

Adorkable Crochet: For the young (or young at heart!)


I'm very excited to bring you my first featured Etsy seller: Adorkable Crochet! You can find her shop at http://www.adorkable1.etsy.com/

I've chosen 3 of my favorite pieces from her shop to share with all of you. The picture on the left is my favorite item in her shop! I love the style & detail of the shawl, and the picture is perfect. The beach setting makes this item totally *pop* to me! This is just one of the great finds in her shop, and only $30.00

Adorkable Crochet (a.k.a Rebecca) has been crocheting since she was 8 years old. Her grandmother passed this skill onto her, and she says she's loved it ever since! But I think you can tell she enjoys her work simply by the detail and quality in each of her pieces. Rebecca loves to crochet because it's a flexible craft. She can crochet while watching tv, or while watching her little one. She creates new, unique pieces to keep herself from getting bored with it.


This newborn hat is another of my favorites in her shop. Look at that cute little baby! His little face makes me feel like I *need* to buy one of these (but I don't even have a baby, hehe.) This little hat is a great deal at only $10.00

I asked Rebecca what would be a piece of advice she'd give to all the new Etsy sellers. She says don't stress about getting that first sale, and I agree! It takes time to get your name out there and reach the people you need to reach. Great advice!



Last but not least, another of my favorite pieces in her shop. A black and light pink neckwarmer! Such a cute accessory, and great for this time of year. It's made from Merino wool, so it's very soft! A steal of a deal at $15.00


A last little tidbit that Rebecca wanted to share is that she's 26 years old, happily married, and lives in California. She's also the mother to a precious little boy who's almost a year old!

She likes to show that crocheting doesn't have to be for the 'older' crowd, young people can enjoy it too! She's even created her own skull & crossbones pattern, impressive!

Leave a comment and show her some love! And don't forget to check out her shop at: http://www.adorkable1.etsy.com/

Thanks for reading, and come back sometime! =)
-Holly

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thanks so much for my feature!!! I love everything you wrote, great job!!! :)