Monday, April 13, 2009

a poem..

Of all the things I ever hoped to be,
what I've chased most is "happy.."
But looking back won't get me anywhere,
faith is what will take me there.
I may be facing a wall of doubt,
but my flame will never flicker out,
that little light shining in the dark,
comes from the bottom of my heavy heart.
The ones who said "you've got it all wrong,"
and the ones who believed in me all along,
have equally pushed me to shine,
to take my life & make it "mine."
Hard times will come & go,
but there's one thing that I know,
when odds stacked against me, I took them down,
the quiet one, never making a sound.
The places I've been & the places I'll go,
the people i've met, & those I've yet to know,
the broken pieces fit together beautifully,
they are what makes me, "me."

~Holly Nichole, 4/13/2009

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Writing is such good therapy. Yours is touching, I love poetry. I hope you're feeling a little better this week. We're all rooting for you.

Holly said...

Thank you for the comments you've left me & for the support. :)

Mike Mathia said...

This was really well written Holly. =]